We all know that food and water is meant to be put into our bodies. (Hopefully.) But sometimes people get confused. They start to put other things in their bodies that aren’t food and/or water. This leads to serious medical complications that are very dangerous. And ridiculous.
Fortunately for us, most of these people go to the hospital and get X-rays. Somehow, those X-rays end up online and…the rest is history.
1.) A Lightbulb
If you were to ask this prison inmate how he got a light bulb lodged in his inners, he’d say he had no clue. So do we.
You know how on a lot of children’s toys they have warnings that say, “Harmful if swallowed?” Well this is a great example of this warning because if kids swallow magnets, it causes a ton of intestinal problems that can become fatal if not treated quickly and properly. The kid that swallowed these magnetic toys found out that it can also be quite painful.
When an elderly couple were kissing, it turned awkward when the woman accidentally swallowed her man’s dentures. That’s hardcore making out right there.
4.) An Engagement Ring
A man wanted to get his girlfriend the perfect engagement ring, so he visited a jeweler and rather than pay for the super expensive ring, he decided to swallow it and try to walk out with it in his stomach. He was reprimanded once the police recovered the evidence 3 days later once he pooped it out.
5.) A Belt
A man lived with a leather belt lodged in his chest for years and didn’t do anything about it until he needed surgery for tuberculosis. It was the result of a car accident, and he just continued living with it until he needed surgery.
Doctors in the Netherlands were completely blown away when a 52-year-old woman came in to the emergency room complaining of stomach pain. After an X-ray they discovered 78 pieces of silverware in her stomach.
7.) A Key
A college student tried to dissuade his friends from going home one night because he insisted that the night must go on. How did he convince them? He swallowed the keys to his apartment.
8.) A Grenade
A suicide bomber decided to swallow a grenade with the intention of detonating it when he was within range of his target. The only problem was, how was he thinking he’d detonate it with the grenade in his stomach?
9.) A Cell Phone
A prisoner in San Salvador decided he must stay connected to the outside world, so he swallowed his phone.
Yang Dingcai, in southeast China says 40 years of swallowing tree frogs and rats live has helped him avoid intestinal complaints and made him strong.
Let this be a lesson to everyone reading this post. Don’t swallow things that aren’t meant to be swallowed (e.g., belts, frogs, lightbulbs, and the rest). That stuff doesn’t belong in our bodies and you definitely don’t want to end up in an article like this.