Ah, breasts. Has ever a body part been so celebrated in art, in literature and in daily life? We’ve got hundreds of words to describe them; people have composed songs about them; and for better or worse, an entire industry has even cropped up around their support, and enhancement.
But for all the love and attention heaped on breasts (pun intended), how much do we truly know about them? We strap them into bras (or don’t) and then get on with our days, seldom thinking about why they’re there, how they work and what’s typical about them or not.
So we decided to do dig a little deeper and gain a better understanding of a females’ twin peaks. Anything fascinating about breasts we overlooked? Let us know in the comments below.
1. Research shows that 85% of women are wearing the wrong size bra.
2. Squeezing breasts may prevent cancer according to the UC Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
3. Breasts of all sizes are equally proficient as producing milk. Fat tissue doesn’t matter like glandular tissue when it comes to making baby food.
4. Hungry men desire big breasts while satiated men prefer a smaller chest.
5. Big breasts are also liked by poorer men, while the guys who prefer small breasts are usually financially secure.
6. The left breast is typically the larger one.
7. Around one in twenty women in America have fake breasts.
8. Men interested in fatherhood will more likely crave women with larger breasts.
9. Humans are the only primates with permanent breasts; other primates only have full knockers when they are suckling their young.
10. Women who get breasts implants are three times more likely to commit suicide.
11. Men who like small breasts prefer a more submissive partner.
12. Staring at boobs extends a man’s life by five years, so if you’re a girl don’t be selfish, you’re saving lives.