Miscellaneous Facts About Time That Will Mess With Your Perspective
1. The fourth dimension is spacetime. The first three dimensions denote an object’s location in space (laterally, directionally, and longitudinally), whereas the fourth denotes its position in time.
2. It’s been proven that gravity affects the speed of time and that the closer an object is to a source of gravity, the slower time moves for it. For example, time moves slower in your living room than in does on top of Mount Kilimanjaro.
3. In keeping with that law, because it is almost three times closer to the sun’s massive gravitational pull, a day on Venus is equal to approximately two years on Earth.
4. The Earth is struck by lightning approximately 100 times every second
5. A 1-minute kiss burns approximately 26 calories.
6. Every two minutes, humanity takes more photographs than were taken throughout the 1800s.
7. Recently, scientists discovered a blue crystal in Jack Hills, Australia called zircon. It’s been officially estimated to be 4.4 billion years old, making it the oldest object on earth.
8. Will Smith is now older than Uncle Phil was when “Fresh Prince of Bel Air” first began.
9. Up until the 1800s, every town or village had their own unique timezones, with clocks that were synchronized to their local solar noon.
10. The average American city commuter spends roughly 38 hours a year in traffic jams.